The Institutional Evaluation Programme is overseen by an independent Steering Committee, that has full responsibility for the development, operation and monitoring of the programme.
The mandate of the Steering Committee includes:
- Contributing to the operational quality of the Institutional Evaluation Programme by monitoring all activities linked to the different phases of the evaluation process while bearing in mind that team chairs have the responsibility for individual reports.
- Supporting the Secretariat in the implementation of the work programme.
- Representing the Institutional Evaluation Programme in Europe and elsewhere.
- Ensuring the strategic development of the Institutional Evaluation Programme in the changing context of higher education reforms across Europe.
The committee is chaired by Sokratis Katsikas, former Rector, University of the Aegean; current professor at the Center for Cyber and Information Security (CCIS), Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway. It is composed of the following members:
- Gülay Barbarosoğlu, EUA Board Member and Rector of Boğaziçi University, Turkey, ex-officio
- Hannele Niemi, former Vice-Rector, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Jacques Lanares, Vice-Rector, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Jethro Newton, Professor Emeritus, University of Chester, United Kingdom
- Lil Reif, Expert for European and international RDI funding, Austria
- Simona Dimovska, student, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, FYR Macedonia
- Tatjana Volkova, former Rector, BA School of Business and Finance, Riga, Latvia
- Virgilio Meira Soares, former Rector, University of Lisbon, Portugal